Good food, good weather and good customer turnout marked the April 23rd celebration of IBT’s 40th anniversary and customer appreciation in Joplin.
IBT Joplin, the company’s fifth branch, was opened in December 1968 and has long been one of IBT’s strongest outposts.
The celebration/customer appreciation event was held at Butcher Block Banquet Center and featured exhibits by more than forty of IBT’s leading vendors. The trade show allowed customers to view the latest products, programs, technologies, and also get detailed first hand information directly from the factories.
Various marketing groups of IBT also exhibited at Joplin, with CDC personnel renewing friendships with various area Joplin customers. In one case, Chris Treat of IMT reports he began a conversation with a Joplin company that uncovered a significant opportunity in vibration testing of large industrial fans. As a result, IMT has already begun to work on the customer’s equipment.
There were a lot of solutions that I was not aware were available. Customer comments included:
- I saw some new and innovative possible uses.
- Great product and many more options than I was aware of.
- I found new Lock Out/Tag Out products that I hadn’t seen.
- Several vendors had new items that I was unaware of – and may use in the future.
Vendor reactions were also favorable:
- I thought the entire event was excellent.
- Very much liked format and turnout was outstanding!
- Show leads were some of the best we have gotten at an event like this.
IBT would like to thank all their Joplin customers for their support of this event – and also pay special tribute to the vendors who participated to make the event successful.