Are you concerned about your staff unloading heavy, 50-pound bags from full pallets? IBT’s Custom Pallet Unloading System can do the heavy work for you—and prevent injuries along the way.
Handles Loads Up to 4,000 pounds
IBT’s Custom Pallet Unloading System is designed to handle loads up to 4,000 pounds. It uses a unique conveyor system to receive pallets from a forklift—and prevent ergonomic stress.
The Custom Pallet Unloading System includes:
- Pallet conveyors—including a 25 CRR chain driven live roller powered infeed conveyor and a 25SR gravity roller discharge conveyor.
- Scissors lift—with manual rotating turntable base.
- Pushbutton controls—for easy operation by the worker.
- Photo eye—ensures there is no pallet on the scissors lift, for safety reasons.
Simple, Pushbutton Operation
When a full pallet of parts is loaded onto the infeed conveyor by a forklift operator, the operator simply presses the “Index In” button to move the pallet forward onto the scissors lift.
Once the pallet is in position, and the operator begins to remove parts, he or she can raise the scissors lift to a comfortable working height with a foot switch.
After one side of the tote is empty, then the operator can unload the other side by releasing the turntable lock with a footswitch, then manually spinning the turntable.
When all the parts have been removed from the pallet, the operator then lowers the scissors lift and rotates the conveyor into the discharge and locked position.
When the conveyor is clear, the operator simply presses the “Index Out” button and the empty pallet comes off the scissors lift.
The IBT Custom Pallet Unloading System is equipped with 3 safety features:
- Turntable limit switch: senses that the turntable is in the locked position.
- Scissors lift limit switch: senses that the scissors lift is in the down position so the full tote can be conveyed onto the scissors lift conveyor.
- Photo eye: ensures no pallet is on the scissor lift.
Customized for Your Workspace
“This system is custom-designed by the IBT Material Handling and Systems Integration group,” said Jim Boatright, Director of Conveying Systems at IBT. “This allows us to make adjustments to this standard design to meet any customer’s unique needs.”
For example, the system can easily be reversed to make a pallet loading station, Boatright said. “Or it can easily be integrated into your plant’s existing control system,” he added.
The system can also be supplied with an infeed conveyor which will allow multiple full pallets to be accumulated with zero back pressure to the scissors lift—freeing up the forklift truck driver to manage multiple job tasks, Boatright said.
Optional upgrades include:
- Power rotated turntable
- Powered discharge conveyors
- Complete gravity conveyor system