Electrical Training 102
Advanced Electrical Academy
IBT Industrial Solutions Advanced Electrical Academy expands upon the content from Basics Electrical Academy. This two-and-a-half day electrical training program is recommended for field and factory maintenance technicians and those involved with specifying, purchasing, operating or troubleshooting motor and drive systems.
Advanced Electrical Academy Training examines motors from front to back and drives inside and out. It also covers related safety devices, like light curtains and lasers.
Attendees build their knowledge through feature lectures, hands-on laboratories and knowledge reviews. Advanced Electrical Academy training results in increased confidence, effectiveness and capability. Basic Electrical Academy is not required, but attendees should be familiar with the principles of electrical equipment.
For the course, instructors will draw upon a background that averages more than 20 years of specialization in the application and distribution of electrical equipment and supplies to industry. Classwork includes lecture, discussion, wiring labs and knowledge review tests.
Tuition: $795 per student
CEU Credits: 2.0
- Torque and Horsepower
- Frame Size and Designations
- Application and Selection of Motors
- Troubleshooting – My Motor is Not Running
- Brakes and Clutches – How They Work, Application and Selection, Troubleshooting
- Gearboxes – Application and Selection, Troubleshooting
- Mechanical Speed Control and Tensioning
- Micro vs. Industrial Drives
- Torque Profiles – CT, VT
- Control Modes – V/HZ, OLV, CLV
- Drive Accessories
- Drive Start Up Procedures
- How Light Curtains Work
- Changing Standards
- Options in Specifying