Bearing and Lubrication Maintenance
The bearing, the “heart” of all machinery, is one of the most precise industrial components manufactured – if it becomes damaged, the machine stops.
Millions of dollars in bearing replacements and machinery downtime could be saved if certain basic precautions are observed.
The Bearing and Lubrication Maintenance Seminar teaches you how to improve the service and life of the bearings you purchase. The Training School is not a sales or product program – the information presented is applicable to bearings produced by all manufacturers.
Training typically runs from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Tuition for the Bearing and Lubrication Maintenance Seminar is $150. All training materials and lunch are included.
- Selection, Application, Troubleshooting
- Installation of Press Fit Bearings
- Proper Shaft to Bore and Housing Fits
- Proper Bearing Heating Techniques
- Proper Bearings Interchange
- Identification of Various Bearing Constructions
- Proper Bearing Maintenance
- Understanding Various Retainer Styles
- Bearing Loads and How They Effect Bearing Life
- Proper Identification for Bearing Clearance
- Preloading Bearings
- How to Identify Duplex Bearing Mounts
- Bearing Shields and Seals
- Discussion of Various Rolling Element Styles
- Bearing Maintenance Tips
- Bearing Troubleshooting
- Discussion of Mounted Bearings
- Purpose of Lubrication
- Discussion of Types of Grease and Oil
- Proper Lubrication Amount to Use Based on Bearing Size
- Proper Re-lubrication Intervals Based on Hours of Operation
- Proper Types of Lubrication
- Understanding Various Additives
– See more at: https://www.ibtinc.com/Training/training_bearing_lubrication.aspx#sthash.n8AXjtod.dpuf