ACE Controls has introduced two new self-compensating industrial shock absorber models for glass bottle, blow-molding equipment. These durable models feature a M64 x 2 threaded outer tube and are adaptable to the blowhead machine position. They are interchangeable with competitive models.
Rugged in performance, these new ACE units are designed to handle the demanding high-temperatures and high cycle rates of the blowhead position.
These rugged performers provide controlled linear deceleration over a range of speed and weight combinations. They compensate for changes in both weight and velocity.
Time consuming adjusting of the shock absorber has been eliminated. Blowhead mechanisms are subjected to both high heat and high cycle rates and these fast-moving mechanisms must be stopped quickly and precisely.
ACE’s M64 x 2 Glass Shocks will handle the heat, reduce damage causing impact forces and increase blow-molding equipment life. With one-piece, solid construction, ACE reports that the M64 x 2 GLASS Shock offers long-lasting performance, attributable to the high-pressure inner tube combined with high-temperature seals and a solid one-piece piston rod.
Glass Shock Features
- Tamper-proof, self-compensating design eliminates adjustment time
- High-temp seals for long-life performance
- Solid one-piece piston rod for maximum strength
- Solid one-piece construction, heat treated high-pressure inner tube
- Hardened steel piston head and rod button
- Weartec Plus coating for superior corrosion protection
- External positive stop
- Wrench flats for ease of installation
Glass Shock Benefits
- No adjustment required
- Increased cycle rates
- Increased system performance
- Reduced reaction forces
- Reduced damage-causing impact forces
- Extended shock performance under adverse conditions
- Lifetime warranty against material defects and workmanship
- Easily rebuilt with available seal kit
For more information, contact IBT Fluid Power.