Kansas City, KS
As a Product Specialist, you will plan, implement, and execute targeted Industrial Electrical Products marketing and sales strategies. The candidate must be able to provide a high level of Industrial Electrical technical support for MRO accounts, OEM’s and IBT branch offices.
- Coordinate Electrical Products initiatives with branch locations within a designated geographic territory.
- Make joint sales calls to end user, MRO and OEM accounts with branch field sales staff.
- Conduct training programs and customer seminars as described in yearly marketing plan as required by the Business Group Director.
- Assist when needed with customer schools and IBT Academy.
- Product quotations, project proposals, applications and solution selling. Product identification and part number sales.
- Responsible for helping set sales targets, goals and execution of the Electrical Group marketing strategy.
- Work with suppliers to grow sales on specific product lines.
- Sales support and customer service duties with branches and customers.
- Promote a positive attitude to IBT co-workers, branches, vendors and customers, while promoting all of IBT’s products and services.
- Approximately 35% – 40% overnight travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong experience/knowledge in Electrical Products, sales support, marketing, and Industrial Distribution.
- Must possess safety first attitude and commitment to safe work practices.
- Excellent, professional communication skills, with demonstrated ability to convey essential information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal formats. Where needed, empathy and a ‘Can Do’ attitude are essential.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, with careful attention to details while meeting deadlines.
- Gain and demonstrate an understanding of speed and torque characteristics and other technical skills for the application of Products.
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability with an ability to make continuous improvements.