Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit, the incumbent will meet (and exceed) sales objectives of assigned territory by promoting and selling the division’s full range of products and services utilizing professional sales techniques, providing superior customer service, building long-term customer relationships, and contributing to the growth of the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promote IBT’s mission, goals, and objectives, and ensure that plans contribute to those efforts.
- Develop, increase, and track sales revenue to meet, and exceed, assigned objectives.
- Establish and develop new business through all means available including prospecting, cold calling, networking, telemarketing, and referrals; make a minimum of 35 sales calls per week (7 calls per day).
- Establish “A,” “B,” and “C” accounts by present and potential dollars of sales and profits.
- Create a monthly plan for personal sales calls on new and key customers in the territory.
- Follow up with customers on a timely basis to provide the highest level of customer service, and ensure all customer inquiries have the proper follow-up procedures documented.
- Accurately report sales activity through appropriate technology resources.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients.
- Maintain competitive industry knowledge to identify potential opportunities for growth.
- Be aware of competitive issues and communicate data to Regional Sales and Operations Managers, and Business Group Directors.
- Continuously maintain price levels for assigned customer base.
- Conduct business in an ethical manner, and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner and ensure it is properly maintained and must have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prefer sales experience in an industrial distribution setting, ideally, with strong knowledge of IBT products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to customer questions and needs.
- Ability to frequently lift items weighing 50 pounds.
- Strong PC and software skills with the ability to use technology to improve efficiency and effectively communicate information, including, but not limited to Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and various Customer Relations Management (CRM) software.