Sioux City, IA
WHO SHOULD APPLY
If you are looking for a partnership with an organization that cares about its employees, keep reading. IBT Inc, an industrial distributor, is looking for dependable people who care about the results they achieve each day. We are looking for people who will come to work consistently, demonstrate their leadership and creative individuality to help the team accomplish results that are needed for success. If you are looking for a place to begin a fantastic career…look no further!
Support IBT customers with sales, application, and pricing and proposal assistance while developing and maintaining a good working relationship with IBT vendors who are essential to branch and customer needs, and are consistent with current marketing plans and corporate goals.
- Provide inside sales support for all IBT customers with application assistance, product sourcing, vendor assistance, and pricing and proposal assistance, as needed.
- Coordinate and follow detailed marketing plans for target products, accounts and customers as outlined by General Manager and preferred vendors.
- Support customers with product sourcing, pricing assistance, proposal presentation, billing, order entry and promotional items.
- Assist customers by monitoring branch sales for specified product line, keeping sales interest levels at a maximum.
- Assist in maintaining good vendor relations at the branch location level.
- Maintain open communication between corporate, region managers, other branches, and necessary IBT department managers.
- Promote a positive attitude to IBT co-workers, branches, vendors and customers, while promoting all of IBT’s products and services.
- Maintain appropriate quantities of current vendor literature.
- Minimum of five years experiencewith Power Transmission/Industrial Distribution inside sales and customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions and information.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, & percentages.
- Ability to specify technical products and to provide technical sales information.
- Strong PC and software skills with the ability to use technology to improve efficiency and effectively communicate information, including, but not limited to the AS/400 (preferred), Google & Microsoft Suites.
This position description is only a general guideline for job performance and is not a complete list of activities that may be required. It is not, nor can it be implied to be, a contract of employment and the content may change at management’s discretion.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inside Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Job Type: Full-time