Conveyor Belt Technicians are a critical part of our organization. Belt Technicians perform fabrication of our conveyor belts to our customers’ specifications. The position is based in Miami, OK in a clean, modern, light industrial facility.
Exceptional customer satisfaction and safe work practices are our highest priorities. To be successful in this role, you must have integrity, reliability, a strong work ethic, drive, ambition, and a positive attitude. While this position is generally expected to work Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, evening, weekend and holiday hours may be occasionally required to best serve our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely use hand, power tools and equipment to cut, shape, splice, and fit various conveyor belting materials/ fabricate conveyor belts while working independently.
- Effectively communicate and work with customers & staff, including management, to address concerns
- Select and assemble onsite work areas for removal of conveyor components, clamping off conveyor belt, and raising counterweight
- Lay out and prepare belt ends for vulcanized splicing (lap & finger) on fabric belts of varying widths
- Perform splices on steel cable belts of varying widths
- Calculate material usage and waste for each order
- Accurately measure and assemble composite materials on patterns to form parts and assemblies using bonding agents and equipment
- Assemble splicing and vulcanizing equipment
- Prepare and mix various glues and bonding cements
- Operate a forklift
- Inspect manufactured products for defects and conformance to specifications and quality standards through instruments and visual verification
- Wrap and package products for shipping or storage
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Follow all safety rules and regulations
- Drive truck and trailer combinations
- Complete appropriate safety training and drug screening to obtain access to customer properties
- Any other duties as assigned
- A valid driver’s license is required upon hire and as a condition of continued employment; CDL preferred
- 2 – 3 years of previous experience in fabric and steel cord splicing preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills, i.e., written, verbal and listening
Work is performed in various industrial settings, including; Shop, mining, and construction environments. Work sites may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, airborne particles and fumes from adhesives, solvents and paints.
While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders and work on elevated platforms. Requires ability to safely lift 75-100 pounds frequently, using proper lifting techniques.
Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, gloves and other required protective equipment as required.
IBT Industrial Solutions promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.