Dodge City, KS
The Warehouse/Delivery Driver is responsible for meeting customer requirements by receiving shipments, pulling orders, checking and packaging orders. The incumbent will use a forklift for product staging and unloading. Drivers are expected to keep the warehouse clean. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter who is interested in advancing his/her career within IBT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Product delivery
- Pull and check orders for completeness and errors
- Plan most efficient delivery route to include timing on expedited orders
- Make deliveries and document each stop in driver’s log
- Restock products as needed
- Complete weekly maintenance and cleaning
- Operate vehicle in a safe, legal, and alert manner
- Report performance problems and symptoms to the Store Manager
- Customer Relations
- Greet all customers in a courteous and professional manner (in-person or via phone)
- Determine customer needs, expectations, and level of satisfaction with products and services
- Positively promote IBT’s brand and reputation
- Receiving Materials
- Obtain products and freight from CDC and suppliers
- Check incoming freight for correctness and report errors
- Assist other team members as needed
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance inside and outside of the store
- Continue education in product knowledge and managerial skills
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer-service oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Neat and clean appearance
- Good judgement
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Safe driving record
- Knowledge of required delivery area
- Bilingual (Spanish) – preferred
Sight, hearing, speech. Frequent lateral mobility, ability to get in and out of delivery vehicles frequently and rapidly, frequent movement of items weighing more than 50 pounds, use of both hands and arms, frequent bending, squatting, and reaching. Mental ability to analyze a situation and take the appropriate action.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours
This is a full-time position with a work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position occasionally requires longer hours and weekend work.
The candidate must be authorized to work in the United States