Kansas City, MO
Position Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Supply Chain
Contributing to the profitability and growth of IBT Industrial Solutions, the procurement manager develops, communicates, and implements short- and long-term procurement strategies for industrial supplies. The procurement manager works closely with the sales, marketing, and finance teams in the sourcing and procurement process to support the business needs of IBT. The procurement manager must be able to utilize his/her knowledge of industrial supply and distribution to independently negotiate sourcing and procurement agreements with approved suppliers that meet the policies and dynamic business objectives of IBT Industrial Solutions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supports market tests, RFQs, CRs and PRIs.
- Supports development of sourcing strategies to control purchased material costs and to assure an adequate and appropriate source of supply.
- Drives continuous improvement throughout the value chain to create sustainable competitive advantage and to achieve lowest total cost.
- Understands, tracks, and forecasts key cost drivers and market factors.
- Supports the development of multiple commodity strategies including spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, strategic importance, targeted technologies, risk management, and a continuous total cost of ownership focus to provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Supports and reviews locating a consolidated supplier base to meet current/future needs.
- Creates and maintains mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers.
- Ensures Company and supplier alignment on key business strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- CSCMP or APICS Certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years in procurement/purchasing
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience.
- Proven track record to lead others and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and ability to negotiate with vendors
- Willingness to accept and embrace change