Kansas City, MO
Belt Shop Technician (Production) Job Description
The Belt Shop Technician focuses on driving customer satisfaction through quality production in a safe manner. The ideal candidate is a hard working, organized, detail-oriented team player with mechanical aptitude. Our goal is to deliver products through diligent pursuit of, and commitment to, excellence, offering full support to management and co-workers.
**Candidates MUST have 3+ years of belting and hose experience in fabrication or sales AND strong mechanical aptitude to be considered for this role.
- Interact with Inside Rubber Group on order interpretation and scheduling, interpreting orders and blueprints
- Maintain Inventory, including the receiving of and the organized storing of products used; matching packing list to products received and forwarding packing lists on a daily basis
- Provide support to and communicate effectively with IBT Branches, IRPG Production Shop, and IRPG suppliers
- Packaging of materials to be shipped, and the assistance to shipping teams on product placement destinations
- Sustaining quality control by practicing all methods of inspections or checks to assure quality products and standards
- Maintain equipment that is used by organizing, cleaning, and correcting/reporting any equipment faults, reporting any safety hazards, supporting an environment of safe work practices, and comply with all safety regulations
- Operate material handling equipment such as forklift, crane, etc.
- Assisting and sharing knowledge with coworkers, supporting a cooperative and collaborative working team environment
- Commit understanding and involvement to IBT’s Total Quality Process
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed
Belt Shop Technician Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED & no criminal history (Misdemeanors/Felonies).
- Working knowledge of warehouse and belt shop equipment
- Proficient with measuring devices such as tape measure and calipers (Standard and Metric)
- Possess the working skills to modify conveyor belts and other rubber products to written or verbal specifications
- Able to read and write English, follow verbal and/or written instructions; intermediate-level math skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, with careful attention to details while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, and reliability with an ability to make continuous improvements and act on quality problems according to IRPG guidelines
- Positive attitude, professional behavior, and ability to work well within a team structure
- Basic knowledge of conveyor belting as well as hydraulic and industrial hose
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, as well as ability to work at heights and tight spaces
- Overtime hours and weekend work may be required
- Travel including overnight
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and a DOT physical
Belt Shop Technician Preferred Skills
- 3+ years customer service experience
- 3+ years of belting and hose experience in fabrication or sales
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 2 year technical college