150,095 sq. ft.
Fresh vegetables and packaged fresh fruit
Types of Conveyors
Live Roller, Zero-pressure Accumulating, Gravity Roller & Skatewheel (All powered conveyor is Steel and Stainless Steel)
This produce company is a major force in fresh fruit and vegetable processing, offering more than 100 retail and food service products to customers. Each year, the company packages millions of pounds of vegetables and fruit. With such a large operation, they rely on Hytrol conveyor to quickly and efficiently move fresh vegetables through their facility.
Doing it the old way
- All staging, packing, and movement of boxes was done manually.
- Boxes were manually filled on fixed packing tables then stacked onto pallets.
- The pallets were hauled away with pallet jacks.
Goals for the new system
- Use conveyor to transport packed boxes from the current production room to the new product skidding area where boxes are manually palletized.
- Plan for the transportation of full boxes from the future production area and deliver empty boxes to the pack stations.
The company reports that the new Hytrol system has resulted in a safer, uncluttered production and packing area. Also, the finished product can now be palletized in a 34.